Monday, July 18, 2016

One month

Here we are, one month into this whole GBS thing. 

I've had two therapy sessions and will continue to go twice each week. They are unsure how long I will have to go, like everything else with this syndrome it is different for each person. My legs are starting to look like a 9 year old girl. The therapist said my legs and feet were extremely stiff but they were impressed with my skills on the walker! ;) I've had quite a bit of practice maneuvering through the house.

Good news: I haven't been to the ER since my last post!

I went to a new general practitioner to work out my pain managment and blood pressure meds. So far,  with new meds I have been able to keep my blood pressure at a safe level. This is a major answer to prayer because it was getting dangerously high. I've seen so many different nurses and doctors the past month. Of course, the first thing they do is take your vitals. I always warn them that I typically have high blood pressure. I usually just get a quick "ok"....then they take it and start freaking out and taking it in different ways trying to get a lower reading. But, the week before last it was beyond high, when I saw a reading that was higher than what I had when they sent me in for an emergency C-section with Oliver....I knew I was in trouble! Luckily, the ER can usually get it down within an hour or two. But, it's even better to just keep it down with medication at home. I can't afford to go to the ER 2-3 times a week! So far, so good! I shouldn't have to stay on the extra meds after this is all over. This is just an extra "ooooph" while I'm dealing with the nerve pain, stress, therapy, and all the other fun stuff GBS brings!

We have had a meal prepared for us every other night from someone in our church since I was in the hospital. It has been so nice! We continue to receive encouraging words, cards, boxes of goodies, and people offering any other help we need. We appreciate it so much!

August will be here soon, you know what that means?! Back to school! I'm extremely nervous that I won't be walking/driving/half normal by the time the boys return to school. I want/need to be able to help with drop-off/pick-up. My own schooling is still up in the air. I'm just playing the waiting game to see how far I progress by the time it gets close. Time will tell!

Expecting a great week of therapy and progress!




No comments:

Post a Comment