Saturday, July 30, 2016

Jesus, Please Make My Mom's Legs Better!

I'm still plugging away with therapy. Right now, I'm doing some stretches, then I work on my feet, balance, and strengthening on several different machines. I can handle about 3 minutes on each machine before my feet start feeling like they are on fire! But, I'm making progress, building muscles, and learning to walk better. I have walked with a cane the past two sessions. It's a slow walk, but my posture is good and I haven't wobbled or fell yet!

I'm amazed at how much my littlest one, who was a major momma's boy, seems to have completely forgot I exist! He won't sit on my lap because he is afraid he will hurt me. He doesn't ask me to help him with anything anymore, he goes straight to dad! He has made several comments about how he wants me to get better soon so I can do fun stuff with him! Several weeks ago he randomly shouted "Jesus, please make my mom's legs better!"

I continue to have good days and bad days, both physically and emotionally. I have a strong support system that get me through the days when I get down and frustrated about my current situation. I'm hoping that the physical pain will be gone soon. It seems to be different for everyone. I'm thankful that I have most of my feeling back in my legs, but ready for the pain in my feet to be gone!

I think I am done with the wheelchair, which is awesome! I have used my walker when we go anywhere, which right now is basically just church and therapy. I get tired a lot faster, but it feels good to be a little more independent.

We start enrollment for the boys next week! I was sure hoping to be walking independently by the time enrollment rolled around. It doesn't look like that will be the case, but I will just have to set a new goal!

As always, thank you to my prayer warriors and encouragers! I'm blessed to know so many people who check in on me and are constantly reminding me that they are praying for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment